Hi @Tom Lister
Is it also possible to make fields like "Attachments" a mandatory? Right now, in my project, we see some people filling a bug report without much "Description" no "Attachments" and I want to make it a mandatory to file a bug.
Could you please help if there is a way to do it?
take a look at the field configuration options available in your JIRA versions and see what is going to be useful to you in this case
Also in system with no customisation tools you could set up a transition screen that displays reminders to the user of minimum requirements - will work until they get so used to it they start ignoring it again :=)
1. Go to "Jira Settings"
2. Go to "Issues"
3. Go to "Fields Configuration"
4. Click on "Default Fields Configuration" link (or where you want to apply this fields)
5. System opens "View Field Configuration" page
6. In the actions section next to your field choose "required"
Also could you help me with the next issue:
I want to customize fields for my issue type. For this:
1. I created new issue type
2. Created new field configuration and hide all field that I don't want to see in this issue
3. Created new field configuration scheme and associate it with my issue type
when I open my issue ticket - I see all fields that I've hidden before
What is the reason?
The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs