Can I create multiple distinct boards under one project?

Sam Elmeswari April 14, 2021

Currently, if I have multiple boards under one project, and let's say I create a user story on one board, that same user story appears on the other boards.  Can I create multiple distinct boards under one project? 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi @Sam Elmeswari,

As long as you are in a company managed project, yes you can.  

Sam Elmeswari April 14, 2021

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout , My project is actually a company managed project.  Do I need to edit the board filters somehow?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

I more or less felt that one coming, @Sam Elmeswari :-)

Having 2 boards on one project is not the most common scenario, so it depends a bit on what you want to do. Let me give you 2 potential use cases:

• Let's assume you have stories, tasks and incidents in the same project and you would like to apply scrum for stories and tasks on one hand, and kanban for incidents on the other hand. Then it would be useful to only include stories and tasks on the scrum board and incidents on the kanban board. In that case, it would make sense to update the board filter for both boards, so you only see the issue types you want to manage there.
  • In another scenario you may have a complex workflow, e.g. having a couple of status for analysis (New - Ready for Analysis - In Analysis), followed by a set of statuses for development (Ready for development - In development - Ready for testing - ...). In this case you could set up an analysis and a development board based on the same board filter, but you just map the appropriate columns to the board to show just the issues you need.

Obviously, you can mix and match those scenarios as well. I just thought I could illustrate with a tangible example.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events