Can I create issue at Jira with external mail ( mail outside the domain)

Ahmed Ashraf October 13, 2019

Can I create issue at Jira with external mail ( mail outside the domain)

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2019

Hello Ahmed,

You mean with the jira mail handler ? Can you provide more detail about your use case.

Ahmed Ashraf October 13, 2019

The example show that if I sent mail from some-jira-user@example.com 

Can I sent mail from client@clientdomain.com instead of jira user to create issue

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

Yes you can use every domain you want to send an email to the jira mail handler

Ahmed Ashraf October 15, 2019

When I use mail outside domain ( client domain for example) the issues was not created 

( Created only when I use mail inside domain )
Could you give me example
Thanks in advance 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2019

Did the mail arrived in the mailbox that jira will scan ? Just to be sure, are we talking about the mail handler ? Can you share your configuration and screenshot please.

Vijayananth Tamilarasu October 12, 2021

I am seeing similar issue with email handler. Email handler is scanning my inbox but ignore emails coming from external domains. Is there a fix for this problem?

Kofi Friar January 25, 2022

I also am experiencing the same issue. Is there a solution?

Suggest an answer