Can I create a "dynamic" filter that shows all issues more than a year old?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

I know I can create a filter that is NOT dynamic that will show all issues more than a year old like this:

project = "System Issues" and createdDate < '2011/01/25'

But I'd like the date to be dynamic, so it'd be something like project = "System Issues" and createdDate < 'now() + 365d'

Is this possible? The exact query I have above does not accomplish this goal.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2012

Leave out the "now" function and use a - to say "ago". Createddate >-365d

Actually, try to swap to the simple filter and use the helpful "from / to" help popup to get the clause you need, then swap back to JQL if you need to.

NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Cool, I didn't knew that :-)

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2012

worked like a charm, thanks!

0 votes
Mike Huber December 2, 2019

created < -365d

0 votes
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2012

The JQL Enhancement Functions plugin seems to provide what you like:

created <= periodstart(year, -1)

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/22514

Suggest an answer