Can I create a private sprint between me and a coworker

Bradley Kirkland July 5, 2021

I am wanting to create a private sprint that has tasks in it that are only visible to me and the assignee, the idea is for the likes of employment contract tasks, financial reporting etc. 

We are detailed with our Jira tickets so if we can't hide them we will be leaking information to the whole company. It's easier to keep within the one project as it all relates to the single task and would allow me to have a good overview across the org

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2021

Hello @Bradley Kirkland,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Cloud, it’s possible to hide projects from users, but even by changing some permissions, any Jira administrator can access and modify the permissions of the project and then, view the tickets and sprints.

I can see that you are using Jira Software free, so in order to modify the permissions, it’s necessary to upgrade the plan to standard or premium, since permissions are a restricted function (anyone is a project administrator on the free plan).

The steps below are for company-managed projects only. For team-managed, just go to Project settings > Access > Change project access and select Private. 

The permission that needs to be changed on the project in order to make it not visible for other users is the “Browse projects” permission. 

Permission schemes can be used on more than one project, so it’s important to create a new one to not affect other projects. 

For more information about how to create a scheme and associate with a project, please check the documentation below:

When grating access, you can select “Single user” and select your own profile and your coworker. The main permissions to make the project “private” are: Administer projects, Browse projects and Manage sprints.

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 15.39.27.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 15.39.54.png

It’s also important to allow the Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access) to have permissions to make sure add-ons will work as expected. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events