Can I copy a project to use as a starting point for creating a new custom project?

Dave Drexler September 12, 2011

I've been asked to create a new custom Jira project that's very similar to an existing project. Can I copy the existing project?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Drexler September 27, 2011

The answer appears to be "no, not without using some added modules, which will get you close."

2 votes
TJ Baker August 22, 2013

A feature request has been created for this, please vote for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AOD-6722

John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Please vote on the issue people!

1 vote
J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2011

The Script Runner plugin can do this too

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2011

JIRA Command Line Interface has a cloneProject action that can help get you close.

Suggest an answer