Can I clone a project between sites on JIRA Cloud?

Melanie Albrecht June 12, 2019

My team is taking over a project that third-party devs were working on.

This third party has an Atlassian Cloud site, and they've been using JIRA for their work. We own the IP that they have created.

I want to know if we can clone their JIRA project into our own JIRA Cloud site.

I've seen the Deep Cloning add-on mentioned, and also the cloneProject command from the Bob Swift CLI add-on.

Will either of these work for cloning a project between sites on JIRA Cloud?

3 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2019

Hi Melanie,

I am the Product Manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

Also Deep Clone has only the option to clone issues within the same instance.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have further questions about our app.

Melanie Albrecht June 27, 2019

Thanks, Marlene.

0 votes
Deleted user June 14, 2019

Hi @Melanie Albrecht ,

Please note that we only have the option to clone the project within the same instance using our CLI action command cloneProject.

Unfortunately we do not have an option to clone a project between two instances.
Please refer to the improvement request JCLI-930 for further details. I request you to watch that request to get notified when we make progress on it. Also, feel free to comment (if you have any) on that request.

Note: If you are not able to view the ticket referred above, please access the ticket from a fresh browser window.

Thanks,
Raja

Melanie Albrecht June 14, 2019

Thanks Raja.

Can you think of another pathway for us to get the JIRA tickets out of the third-party Cloud site?

Deleted user June 14, 2019

Hi @Melanie Albrecht ,

Please try the below command after installing our Jira CLI app. It will fetch all the Issues from your Jira project which is hosted on Cloud. 

--action getIssueList --jql "project = 'TEST'" --outputFormat 999 --file myissueslist.csv

Thanks,

Raja

Melanie Albrecht June 16, 2019

Thanks again Raja.

Just to be clear, I'd have to convince the third-party group (who own the JIRA Cloud site) to install the add-on, right?

And, the price for the add-on based on their entire user count for that site, not the numbe rof users who use this particular project, right? 

I need to get my facts straight before I enter negotiations.  :-)

Thanks,

Deleted user June 17, 2019

Hi @Melanie Albrecht ,

Thank you for the reply. 

Yes, installation of the app should be done by the Jira cloud site admin.

Apps are billed based on the number of users in your Atlassian product. Jira Cloud apps are priced based on the maximum users of the Jira products on your instance. For example, if you have Jira Software (50 users) and Jira Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, you pay the 50-user price for apps.

For your information, we can also help you to get the Jira Command Line Interface (CLI) app license.

Note: Please refer Cloud Pricing page for more details.

Thanks,

Raja

0 votes
Deleted user June 13, 2019

Hi @Melanie Albrecht ,

We are from BobSwift support team and we have created a support request on behalf of you in our portal.

Could you please try to access the ticket SUPPORT-2565 and signup to our portal for further discussion on this ticket.

Thanks,

Raja

Suggest an answer