Can I change transtion buttons to a drop-down list?

Donncha Daly September 25, 2012

Hi, I have a rather complex workflow and I would prefer to have all my transitions in a drop-down list rather than displaying them as buttons. I believe something like this was the default behabiour in previous versions (two transition buttons displayed, the rest in a drop-down).

Is there a way of configuring JIRA to display the transitions in a drop-down list rather than as buttons.

Thanks in advance for any answers

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Hi Donncha,

Yes, you can indeed change that, at least get close to it. If you reduce the number of displayed workflow buttons to one (you may try zero as well, not sure), the rest is in the dropdown. The procedure is described here, section "Changing the number of transition buttons": https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Changingthenumberoftransitionbuttons

Also, You may want to order your buttons, look no furher than this place (same page, section "Changing the order of transition buttons and 'workflow' menu items"): https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Changingtheorderoftransitionbuttonsand%27workflow%27menuitems

Hope that helps?

Donncha Daly September 25, 2012

Hi David,

That worked fine, thank you for your prompt reply

Unfortunately 'zero' doesn't work, so I'm stuck with one transition button, but is stilla great improvement.

thanks again

David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2012

Glad I could help :)

I was afraid that zero may not work, thought I prpose it anyway.

Suggest an answer