Can I change the order of linked Issues drop down list?

Natalia Lezhai December 14, 2018

I want to change the order of Linked Issues drop down: Now it starts with ''is blocked by'' and I want it to be at the bottom of the list. And the stating be: "relates to".

Thank you 

Best

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018

Hello @Natalia Lezhai

Currently it's not possible to define the order of linked issues.

Here is the open ticket, feel free to vote on it

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-16281

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018
Natalia Lezhai December 15, 2018

Thank you @Tarun Sapra

Bill Sherman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 3, 2019

Note that this is now a BROKEN feature not an enhancement.  The former default was carefully laid out as "relates to" (the most general one).  The new GUI in 2019 broke this by a) making the default "blocked by" and b) hiding the former default!  it is item 10 in a 9 item dropdown list.  You have to scroll to even know that it is there.  That mistake should be fixed now, without waiting for this customization enhancement.

Like # people like this
Daniel Tomberlin October 31, 2019

Having 'blocks' first in 15 values to select from (not 9, fixed @Bill Sherman?) with the only value we really use 'relates to' at the very bottom is annoying. People are use to 'relates to' as the default and now it's a mess. The order seems to have no order. >SMH< Please fix!

Like # people like this
8 votes
andrew.edwards February 28, 2022

A hierarchy for issue linking can be achieved.  hiearachy of issue linking.jpg 

andrew.edwards February 28, 2022

Add a numeric ID to the Name of the link as per above.  Works like a treat.

Like # people like this
MD July 18, 2022

@andrew.edwardsThanks so much! Your solution works!

Like Quentin Poncelet likes this
Dominik Smok
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2023

Where can i edit the Name of the Drop Down Options?

Yisroel Adler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 23, 2023

@Dominik Smok the names can be edited in Settings > Issues > Issue linking

Like Tzirel Shaffren likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

@andrew.edwards It works, Thank you :) what a trick :)

Like Fabio Genovese likes this

Suggest an answer