• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I change the issue summary upon linked issue creation? Edited

So I have a post function in a workflow transition and what it does is create a new linked issue when that transition is executed. I also added another custom script post function to change the summary of the newly created issue:

issue.summary = "Done"

I am able to change the summary of the newly created issue, however it's also changing the source issue's summary. How do I only change the new issue's summary and not affect the original summary of the source issue?

1 answer

Hi Aira,

So that I can advise further on your question, can I please ask you to let me know details of what Post Function you are using which is provided by ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud, to create the linked issue and to send me a screenshot of how you have configured this.

Once I have this information then I will be able to advise further on how you can update the summary on the new linked issue.

Regards,

Kristian

I've solved the issue :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you