Can I change the Status Category for an existing Status

Ian Rees July 9, 2019

Having added some columns to my Scrum Board, I have created some Statuses to match the columns.  I selected the default "Category" of "In Progress" for the status.

However, I would now like to change the Status category of the Status.  Can I do that without deleting the Status and recreating it.

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2019

Hello,

Go to Issues -> Statuses, find the required status and push the edit button.

Ian Rees July 9, 2019

Thanks @Alexey Matveev  but under Issues there is no Statuses item.  Under IssuesI see "Current Search", "Search for Issues", "Recent Issues" etc. but cant see statuses

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2019

It is not a project setting. It is a Jira setting. You need to be a Jira Adminisrator.

Are you on Cloud or Server?

Ian Rees July 9, 2019

Server. I'm a Project admin. Is Status a project level setting

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2019

Statuses are Jira level settings. You need to be a Jira admin. Go to cog wheel -> Issues -> Statuses

Ian Rees July 9, 2019

Thanks @Alexey Matveev - it's an anomaly really because as a Board Administrator I can create a new status, delete a status and then create a new status with the correct Status category but I can't change the Status Category of a Status that I have previously created.

I'm not a Jira administrator and if I click on the cog wheel, there is no Issues, I simply see "Projects" followed by a list of Projects I can administer.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2019

I see. You can either ask your Jira Administrator or delete the status and create a new one.

Szymon Bolek November 18, 2019

Yep, this is really like this. I can create and delete a status via Board -> Configure, BUT afterwards I have to ba a Jira Admin to change its category. Why in heavens' name should that be simpler?!

Now you already have your issues assigned to this status. Deleting and creating new is a way, but THAN happy to reassign the tasks, YEAH! I never know what to do with my spare time, huh?

For that I receive jira mails with e.g.

"Congrats! You earned the Level 0 badge"

Yeah, I want to ask and answer questions in the community to earn badges instead of having simply working software. Keep up this "great" work.

Ok, I am off, to do the status delete/create/re-assign work. 

cheers!

Suggest an answer