Can I bulk delete multiple issue types

Ken Macdonald October 13, 2015

I accidentally created hundreds of issue types. How can I delete them?

2 answers

1 vote
Ken Macdonald October 15, 2015

Thank you, but I need to delete issue Types, not the issues themselves. While doing a CSV import I accidentally created a new issue Type for every field that I imported. Now need to delete them.

Ken

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2015

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. There's no easy way to remove large numbers of issue types. You'll need to go to Admin -> Issues -> Issue types and manually remove each one. If JIRA is currently using it (i.e. you have one or more issues of that type) it will ask you what you want to convert them to. If you're going to get a lot of those, then I'd suggest doing a bulk edit so you don't have to do that migration on every delete.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2015

Check you've got "bulk edit" in the global permissions and check you have "delete issue" permission in the project(s) you want to delete them from.

Run a filter that finds them, and use bulk edit -> delete

Note that a standard recommendation is to not allow delete issue most of the time because it's very hard to recover a deleted issue - use it temporarily to do this!

Suggest an answer