Can I assign a closed issue in GreenHopper?

Eban Escott December 21, 2011

Hi,

We have been using Jira for a while and are introducing GreenHopper. I have a bunch of issues that have been closed. Is it possible to assign them to a version in the planning board?

If I click on the header of an open issue I can drag and drop it into a version fine. However, I cannot 'pick up' a closed issue.

I understand it doesn't make sense to assign a closed issue but I would like to retrofit these into the versions if possible.

Thanks

Eban

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2011

I suspect it's actually Jira stopping you from doing this, not Greenhopper.

If you look at the default workflow, look at the "closed" step/status, and it's properties, and you'll find a flag that says "issue is not editable while in this status". This will prevent Jira, and hence Greenhopper, from editing any fields on the issue, including versions.

Three possible fixes for this

1. Add a workflow transition from Closed to Closed, that goes through an edit screen, and (maybe) is limited to admins only.
  2. Bulk re-open them, set the version, then bulk-close them again
  3. Remove the flag from the workflow

Points 1 and 3 are possibly difficult - if you really are using the Jira default workflow, you can't actually edit it, so you'd need to migrate to a new workflow.

Eban Escott December 21, 2011

Thanks Nic, that was it. I duplicated the default workflow and made the closed issues editable. I then assigned the workflow scheme to my project and I can now assign closed issues :)

Suggest an answer