Can I add comments/desciption in a screen?

Marios Chrysovergis October 3, 2019

Hi,

I would like to ask if I can add text description in a screen. For example:

Capture.PNG

I want to be able to write something so the user can get more information. Is this possible?

4 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Marios Chrysovergis

This is also possible - one option is to add the label to a specific field (such as Resolution):

• Go to Settings > Issues
  • Select Field Configurations Schemes and locate which Field Configuration is in use for your project and enter it
  • Locate the Field Configuration applied to the issue type(s) this screen appears on and enter it
  • Search for this field and press Edit
  • Add a Description for the field and update

^ This will add read-only instructions below that field. This text can be multi-line and can include HTML (hyperlinks, etc) if preferred.

Do remember though this would impact all screens this field appears on across all projects the Field Configuration Scheme is applied to. If this is for one specific project, I would suggest create it's own Field Configurations.

If this doesn't work for you and you want a read-only field on that screen's edit view, you'll need to consider using an application to create the field - such as ScriptRunner or Power Scripts.

Ste

0 votes
Marios Chrysovergis October 3, 2019

Sorry but I want a label, it's a read-only label that e.g the purpose of this is to provide a description of what needs to be filled in.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi, we misunderstood then. You can add a descriptive label under the comment section, if it solves your problem. This is how you do it:

- go to project settings

- click on field configuration scheme

Selection_402.png

- click on edit on 'comment'

- add a description.

it will appear below comment like this:

Selection_401.pngHope this helps.

Regards.

Elifcan

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Marios Chrysovergis

Sure! You need to edit the Resolution Screen which is in use on this workflow. To do that you'll need to be a Site Admin and follow these steps...

Note: If you know which screen it is, skip to 

1. Go to Settings (cog in lower-left hand corner on navigation bar)
  2. Select Issues
  3. Select Screens
  4. Locate the Resolution Screen in use on this workflow and press Configure
  5. At the bottom of this page you can choose to add new fields to a screen. You could add the Description field for example - or add a new custom field for providing text in a separate field

If you need to add a custom field - from the Issues section...

1. Select Custom Fields
  2. Press the button Add Custom Field in the upper-right corner
  3. View "All" fields and search for text fields. Select one to create
  4. Once created, you can add it to your Resolution Screen

If you're unsure which screen it is, I would advise going to the Project Settings and locating the workflow. You can then view what screen is in use in that specific transition and locate it from there.

Ste

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hello,

You need to create a multi text field on custom fields page. Then add this custom field to that specific screen.

Regards,

Elifcan

Suggest an answer