Can Bulk Clone plugin copying Xray Tests from project to another with test steps?

Mina Mounir November 12, 2019

I have a jira project and I am using Xray test management tool to add test cases. 

I have a case here that I need to copy all test cases from a project to another "Copy NOT move" After searching, I found that Bulk clone can do this but I need to make sure that the steps will be copied too.  

Or any other recommendations to do Xray test cloning 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2021

Hi @Mina Mounir 

Xray Server integrates with Bulk Clone, so it copies the Tests and the Steps.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Florian Royer March 28, 2021

Hi @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter , do you have a solution for Jira Cloud please ?

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Florian Royer 

You can copy the Test cases with the Steps using the Document Generator to export the Tests into an Excel file, that can be saved as a CSV after.

And using the CSV file you can import the Test cases into another Xray Project.

Please check this Xray Knoweledge Base article for detailed steps, here.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Florian Royer March 12, 2021

I tested with Deep Clone app, and it doesn't keep the steps.

Lisa Ossanlow July 12, 2021

Thanks Royer,

Any solution you got?

I have the same problem.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2022

Hi @Lisa Ossanlow, hi @Florian Royer

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

We released an update for Deep Clone for Jira a few days ago. It is now possible to bulk clone Xray tests with manual test steps with our Jira cloud app.

If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to contact us.

Update 2022-05-31: Another update went live, wich enables you to clone also "generic" and "cucumber" test details.

Suggest an answer