Call JIRA ACLI Commands from a tool

Prasanna Jyothi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

I have multiple commands that I am trying to call from a txt file. They run fine from cmd line. I need to automate this process via SQL Server agent job or  python script. How do I call the acli text file from any of those applications? Any help would be much appreciated.

SQL server command: - Failing

EXEC xp_cmdshell 'acli.bat jiradc -a run -f E:\JiraCloud_Files\ACLI_Command_Calls\test_multiple_acli_commands.txt\acli.bat'

Python script:-- Failing

import subprocess

from jira import JIRA

# Path to your batch file
batch_file_path = r'acli.bat jiradc -a run -f E:\JiraCloud_Files\ACLI_Command_Calls\test_multiple_acli_commands.txt' # failed

#batch_file_path = r'C:\full\path\to\your\file\acli.bat'

# Call the batch file using subprocess
#subprocess.run([batch_file_path])

subprocess.run(['acli.bat', 'jiradc', '-a', 'run', '-f', 'E:\JiraCloud_Files\ACLI_Command_Calls\test_multiple_acli_commands.txt'], shell = True)

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2024

Hi @Prasanna Jyothi 

Welcome to community!

I would highly recommend developer.community.atlassian.com as there are a lot more developers in that community

However there is an extensive python jira library as well you can start with that may help with some of your problems: https://jira.readthedocs.io/

Best,
Clark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events