Calculating sum of custom field of linked Issues.?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2013

Hi,

I have some custom fields in Epic and story issue types and in the EPICS i need to display the value of the custom field as the sum of custom fields of all associated stories.?

How to achieve such functionality.

The plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields/version/45 seems to achieve this functionality but within the same issue type, but i need the sum from all associated issue types.

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013

Renjith's answer requires some programming skills, and the skill of looking for similar answers involving the IssueLinkManager to find all linked issues, then summing whichever field.

You might want to also try the Structure plugin (expensive but may be worth it) which will do this and a lot more.

1 vote
Sebastian Mendel July 2, 2019

With JWT you can do calculations for fields over linked issues: https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWT/Calculated+Number+Field

0 votes
Sven Wenzel December 16, 2015

Hi Tarun,

I have the same issue. I have numbers in my custom field 'sales' and need the amount of all sales in one field.

Do you have a solution for this problem?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2013
Use script runner and use a scripted field
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2013

thanks! , can you please furnish more details!

Suggest an answer