Calculating of all story points

Raju May 21, 2019

Hello,

I need to add all story points which are available in sprints and that should be propagate in confluence.

Can it can be achieved using JQL queries

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

Hi @Raju ,

you can do something like this, if you have the Table Filter and Charts app for Confluence.

Then you can query with a jira macro like this:

sprint = "your-sprint-name" and add the column "Story Points" to the macro:

image.png

After that, put that macro into a pivot-table macro:

image.png

And configure the pivot macro like this:

image.png

What you will see on your Confluence page is this:

image.png

That's quite nice :-)

But this only works with the table filter app.

Raju May 24, 2019

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, i have one two issues,

Issue 1 : Is there any plug-in which is available for both calculating sum & percentage.

Because the plugin what you mentioned earlier, Table Filters &  charts doesn't have capability for calculating percentage.

Issue 2: How can populate sprint starting date in confluence automatically, does it can be done by using any power shell scripts, if so can you please post step by step procedure executing powershell scripts for sprint starting & calculating of story points. 

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2019

Hi Raju,

Sadly this can't be achieved just using JQL. And I guess only having this information available in Confluence won't be enough, right? If yes, Thomas already made a great suggestion.

I'd would like to lead you through an example using (our) app sumUp for Jira because you can define so-called calculation rules in your system and use them in a lot of places (a new issue navigator sum row, custom fields, dashboard gadgets).

A simple rule could look like this:

• take the Story point field
  • summarize the values
  • it's not necessary here to adjust other options

sumup_rule.png

After that, you can build a simple custom field provided by the app using any JQL.

Seen in this example is a custom field "Total Story points" in an Epic with the following query "issuetype = Story AND "Epic Link" = currentIssueKey" and using the defined rule from above.

CF-1b.png

So right now you would have story point sums available (because of the rule) in the issue navigator, could display them in a custom field and you could use the rule in gadgets as well. See the basic example from a test instance summarizing story points (again using the defined rule) for issues based on JQL or a filter grouped by sprints:

sumup_gadget.png

To get this into Confluence just follow the usual procedure to add external gadgets to your instance through the administration -> External Gadgets and afterward use and configure the gadget on a page as you like. Here's the result:

sumup_conf.png

Best, Max

Raju May 24, 2019

Hi Max,

Thanks for your response, i need plug-in in confluence but not in jira, the plug-in what you have suggested is not available in confluence cloud.

Suggest an answer