Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Calculate average ticket completion per assignee by sprint.

AvHi there,

Very new to all the analytics of JIRA but I was curious about something.

I would like to know for each assignee , on average, how many of their tasks to they complete by the end of a sprint.

So as an example:

SPRINT 1

Assignee 1: 2/3 tickets complete

Assignee 2: 1/1 tickets complete

Assignee 4: 1/2 tickets complete

SPRINT 2

Assignee 1: 1/2 tickets complete

Assignee 2: 0/0 tickets complete

Assignee 3: 3/4 tickets complete

Assignee 4: 2/2 tickets complete

RESULT

Assignee   Avg. Tickets Completed Per Sprint

1                                                       .58

2                                                     1.00

3                                                       .75

4                                                       .75

Can this be done at the ticket and subtask level?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @John Thomas -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First, reporting like that is not supported with out-of-the-box features of Jira Cloud.  Specifically, built-in reporting and searches are on issue data; they cannot find the absence of information, such as "0 found..."

Next, what problem are you trying to solve be doing this?  You note sprints, which seems to imply the team is using the Scrum Framework.  And if so, such teams deliver value together, so measuring individual performance this way could lead to unintended consequences.

Kind regards,
Bill

I truly am asking for myself. I would like to know on average how many of my tickets do I complete per sprint. The case where 0 is found is thereby fine to ignore

Thanks for clarifying, John.

You could create a filter for your items, save it, and subscribe so it sends an email just before the sprint closes.  For example, let's assume you have a two week sprint, this might help:

project = myProjectName AND assignee WAS currentUser() DURING ( startOfWeek(-2), endOfWeek(-1) ) AND sprint IN openSprints()

If you need to do this for other sprints, you could adjust the dates and sprint(s) included, and perhaps make a dashboard showing the last-N sprints.

If you need something more sophisticated on the reporting, I recommend using the Excel (or Google Sheets) addins to build your own reporting or to investigate the Atlassian marketplace for reporting tools.

Suggest an answer