CSV import of priority is setting incorrect values

Kris Redinger January 23, 2020

I am attempting to update the priority field in my project using a CSV import.  I can verify that my import is updating the priority field but the result is a different number than what is contained in the file I am importing.  I have defined priorities numerically as 0 to 30 in my issue priorities to match the priority number of the projects we have in our backlog.

For example my csv file contains a priority of 17 and the import changes the priority to 18.  I sent another example of priority 21 and the resulting change was to 26.

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Krishna January 23, 2020

can you give me the csv format.

Are you using issue id?

Sure, the csv format is an integer. 

I am linking to issue during the import using issue key.

I just found that if I search for issues with a priority of 21 it is returning issues with a priority of 26.

search that is used: priority = 21 AND project = "ECR" ORDER BY priority DESC

It seems that my setup is recognizing the integer value as a different priority name.

Rahul Krishna January 23, 2020

Every issue ID has to be unique, we check the database everytime and make sure the issue id mapped in the CSV file is a unique . We faced similar problem before.

Thanks.  Our ID is unique and we are updating the priority field as intended.  However the value that is saved in the field is incorrect.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

correct ... you need to go to Jira settings > Issues > Priorities and edit each priority to capture the actual issue ID then use that specific number rather than the 'priority number'.

Like Nico Glasbergen likes this

Suggest an answer