CSV import --> Log Work

Dave Channing June 2, 2021

Hi,

We exported all the issues from a project from one JIRA instance and looking to import to a separate new instance.

When mapping the fields via the admin level External System import, I can map almost all the fields from the CSV except for Log Work. 

The field looks to be available by default.  Is there something locked from my view (I should be admin)

I have screen shots of the excel and mapping pages below

Any help is greatly appreciated.

excel export.pngimport screen.png

1 answer

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hi @Dave Channing ,

It seems that the value for log work is incorrect. Can you ensure that the value is in one of the formats?

Summary,Worklog

Only time spent (one hour),3600 With a date and an author,2012-02-10 12:30:10;wseliga;120 With an additional comment,Testing took me 3 days;2012-02-10 12:30:10;wseliga;259200

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/ 

Dave Channing June 3, 2021

Hi @Niranjan ,

Thanks for the reply.  I checked my export file and that is all that shows.  I even tried expanding the cell and it's just the single line of dataexpanded cell.png

For context, our teams are going into a ticket, clicking on Time Tracking, adding their hours which populates in the Work log tab under the activities section.  Do I need to create a custom field to map to maybe?

ticket.png

Dave Channing June 3, 2021

I forgot to mention that we got the export of our issues from the old JIRA board via Issues page --> Export Issues drop down --> Export Excel CSV (all fields).

Not sure if that makes a difference?  Should we be exporting from another section?

Lastly, the mapping screen does not have that field available at.  So when I type Log or Work, I do not get any option for that field unless it's named differently?  (my first screen shot I was trying to find the field and didn't choose one, hence the red error text)

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

Hi @Dave Channing - To track time spent, you need to use seconds. Do you see Worklog field in JIRA for mapping?

Dave Channing June 4, 2021

@Niranjan , I was mucking around and mapping random fields.   It looks like I stumbled onto the right field to map to. Screenshot 2021-06-04 083130.png

Thanks for the help!

Like Niranjan likes this

Suggest an answer