CSV import created date in future

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Hello

For my testing purpose, I would like to create a jira ticket for which created date is in future.

I used csv import and in the file i put created date as 9/1/2022 and imported using mm/dd/yyyy format.

When the ticket is created after import I see created date as Jan 1 2022, instead of expected sept 1 2022

Is there a issue creating tickets with future created dates?

Please let me know

Abe

1 answer

0 votes
Luis Tellado May 26, 2022

I have the same issue using JSM 4.20.8. After CSV import using the same date format as excel "dd/MM/yy h:mm" or even when trying ""dd/MM/yyyy h:mm". For some reason it imports successfully, but that date is set for a year in the future! It should import as 5/26/22 or 5/26/2022, but it imports as "1/5/2021" or "12/5/2023" or "8/5/2023".

Yes, all 3 records that was imported with the same created date, imported with 3 complete separate created dates set for the future. Is their a known defect that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Peter Kilmartin March 18, 2023

Hi,

did you ever work out how to get around this? I have the same problem. Importing small amounts by CSV and the dates go crazy in to the future. The created date is ok, its the comment dates. 

Suggest an answer