CSV Import does not offer custom field

TamasS December 5, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'd update a custom field of 6000 issues of 20 projects by CSV. The custom field is of Multi select list type.

When I get on the mapping page I cannot find the custom field in the dropdown list and I don't know why?

The 20 projects have the same configurations: WF scheme, screen schemes, field configurations.

The field is available on create, view and edit screens on all issue types.

The field is not hidden in all issue types.

And I also checked the workflows: there are no issue.editable=false properties in any of the statuses.

Could you please help?

Thank you!!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

This can be confusing, because Jira has two different methods that allow you to take a CSV file and create issues from it.  One of these is the External System import (Gear Icon > System > External system import > CSV), while the other is from the top navigation bar > Issues > Import issues from CSV.

The external system import is restricted to Jira admins, but this is the method you will need to use to be able to map all the custom fields here.  I am afraid that the other 'Import issues from CSV' method won't let you map some custom fields and some system fields, but the advantage of this method is that you don't need to be a Jira admin to use this utility, you just need to have the create issue permissions in the projects where you are creating issues.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events