CSV Import Issue - Problem with date

vincent beudez January 3, 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to create issues by importing a csv file. It works, i can create project and issues, fields are correctly filled in.
But i have a problem with the creation date.

In the Look and Field page, i set the day/month/year like this

In my excel file, i set the Creation date: 31/12/2011
I also set "this file = creation date" during importation

But i have a error message:

<form id="jimform" class="aui long-label" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; color: #333333; font-family: arial, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4; position: relative; display: inline !important; padding: 0px;" action="http://support.externis.net:8080/secure/admin/views/ImporterFinishedPage.jspa?externalSystem=CSV" method="post" name="jiraform">
Unable to parse created date: [31/12/2011]
</form>

What did i do wrong? :)

thanks

Vincent

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2012

When you import from CSV, it prompts you for a mask for importing any dates - did you set that to dd/MM/yyyy too? (I can't remember what the default is, but I always set it explicitly, just in case)

I set the format date in excel like this:

To see if it's correct, i also opened the csv file with notepad to see if the date format is correct, and it is.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2012

I wasn't asking about your date formats in the file, you already said you'd checked them in the plain CSV.

What did you enter in the date mask in the importer? (This is assuming you're on an older version of Jira, where this matters - in later versions, that's dropped in favour of always using the system date)

If it's not that, then could you try it with a time clause as well? e.g. "31/12/2011 00:00:00"

Here is what i just entered, and still the same problem:

Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2012

it looks like checked the box in the "Map Value" column for "date creation" CSV column. I think you don't want it. You want CSV to automatically parse your strings as dates. Mapping values for dates would mean that you are manaully specifiing corresponding text value for every single possible string value from your CSV.

I think you miss the setting in the second CSV importer page:

Like # people like this
Dante Labate July 26, 2018

Were you able to solve this problem?

Deleted user July 8, 2019

Need to edit date info in text program not in EXCEL

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2019

CSV is text, so just open the CSV and edit it.  You'll find it easier in a spreadsheet though.

Suggest an answer