CSS and Javascript not loading into Jira plugin Edited

I'm trying to load the css and javascript files into my plugin, but despite having what I think is the correct code in the atlassian-plugin.xml file, nothing appears to be loaded. I've seen other people have the same problem but their solutions don't work for me.

Here is what I have for the code:

<web-resource key="example-report-resources" name="example-report Web Resources">
<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</dependency>
<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:aui-experimental-table-sortable</dependency>
<resource type="download" name="example-report.css" location="/css/example-report.css"/>
<resource type="download" name="example-report.js" location="/js/example-report.js"/>
<resource type="download" name="images/" location="/images"/>
<context>example-report</context>
</web-resource>

Does anybody know why the files aren't being imported?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I had this line of code in my view.vm file already. sorting works so I'm sure importing of at least that dependency was successful, but I'm not sure why my js and css files are not taking affect.

$webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext("example-report")

3 answers

0 votes

You need to add

$webResourceManager.requireResource("yourpluginkey:example-report-resources") to your vm template

Whoops, forgot to mention I had this added to the vm template. The tables are sortable so I'm assuming the web-resources have been loaded successfully, but I don't see the js or css taking affect on my plugin

$webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext("example-report")
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

Put the first line into your js

alert("hello");

and see if the message appear. It it appears then there are errors in your js, if the message does not appear then js is not loaded

The message does not appear, so the js is not loading for some reason

Decided to come back to this question since I figured out a work around. The js and css files still would not import. Instead, I put the script directly in the view.vm file and it worked.

One thing that I always try... add/remove the "/" from the location.  I swear i have banged my head against this problem many times and it seems depending on what you are doing.. sometimes it is required, other times you have to remove it. I also work on crucible/fisheye and confluence plugins so many that is why it is always confusing to me.. for my Jira plugins though.. I seem to have to omit the initial backslash.

therefore

<resource type="download" name="example-report.js" location="/js/example-report.js"/>

becomes

<resource type="download" name="example-report.js" location="js/example-report.js"/>

I also tend to make the key, name and context the same value.. all lowercase, no dots or dashes.. (banged head too many times on this issue!)  and when all else fails, put it in 

<context>atl.general</context>

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

41 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you