CPU spikes to 350% when doing anything on the portal

SG November 6, 2019

So we have recently upgraded to 8.4 and the portal is now slow it's virtually unusable.

When replying to an issue in the support desk for example the CPU will spike to 350% with many other processes hitting 100% in HTOP.

We're using a 4CPU server with 8GB of RAM, specs should be totally fine and was before the upgrade. I have checked as many logs as possible and cannot find anything related apart from something about "big pipe" which i've googled but can't remember exactly where I saw that now!

I've upgraded postgres and various other related packages.

We are using nginx reverse proxy.

Getting errors such as this in the UI when dealing with issues:

• "The call to the Jira server did not complete within the timeout period. We are unsure of the result of this operation.Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser"

Also something else to note when just checking logs, i found this:

• "2019-11-06 13:58:35,772 http-nio-8081-exec-10 WARN 838x2858x3 187nsz9 ,127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] The request to check for add-on updates may take longer than expected because 187 user-installed add-ons are installed. This may impact the performance of loading the Manage Add-ons page."

It says 187 user-installed addons, but we have 0.

Screenshot from 2019-11-06 13-36-45.png

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Damn, to read without answer the request. 

Sorry for that. 

So you can first update at least to 8.5 or 8.13 platform and as result you will meet much faster instance

Suggest an answer