CLI ---- Configuration Issue: Bad Interpreter: No Such File Or Directory ("bin/bash" not found)

JamesR November 20, 2012

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. CLI version === atlassian-cli-3.0.0
  2. Environment
    • JIRA === v5.1.7
    • Unix via putty
    • Java === v1.6.0.12
  3. Command line causing problem
    • ./atlassian.sh
    • ./jira.sh
  4. Output of command using --version or -v option === N/A
  5. Stack trace from server logs if applicable === N/A

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> What I've done:

• CLI client === installed
  • automation user account in JIRA === done with all rights
  • atlassian.sh file === configured
  • jira.sh file === configured

>>> Error message I'm receiving when running ./atlassian.sh

• interpreter "bin/bash" not found
    • file link resolves to "/usr/bin/bash"
    • bash: ./atlassian.sh: bin/bash: bad interpreter: no such file or directory

Can you recommend any guidance or help?

Thank you so much

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2012

Could you try changing the first line of the .sh

to: #!/usr/bin/bash

and see if that helps?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

or, as root:

ln -s /usr/bin/bash /bin/bash

JamesR November 20, 2012

Dear Peter --- thank you so much ---- it worked! I ran the simple command: ./atlassian.sh jira --action getSystemInfo ... and it returned the version perfectly.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wondering about a couple of other items:

• I created the automation account using internal directory.
  • When attempting to add a comment via CLI, or even just get the issue details via CLI, I get the following errors:
    • com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemotePermissionException: No Permission To Perform Operation

I've given the automation account permission to do everything in every project.

Do you have any insights into this permission exception?

Thank you again!!!

JamesR November 20, 2012

Hi Peter --- quick addendum... I am able to use the --action getIssueList --project XXX

without any problems. When I attempt to use the --action getIssue --issue XXX-123

I receive the permission error...

Please let me know if it would be more appropriate to create a new Answers thread abou this. Thanks for your guidance and patience.

Suggest an answer