CC'ed email users not being added as watchers

Dante Santoso
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2024

I am using microsoft powerautomate to send off emails after a microsoft form is filled out.

Instead of using the in-built Jira function to create tickets (because it doesnt work), I set up an email hook to create an issue automatically. It seems to work but CC'ed users are not added as watchers.

How do I add watchers from an email to an issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2024

Hi @Dante Santoso 

Welcome to community!

To answer your question, you would need to make an automation rule to convert the CC users into watchers. 

However Automations are limited so I would also ask for you to elaborate on why the built in function for creating tickets isn't working for you? Figuring that out would be the more scalable way to use the tool.

If utilizing the built in methods doesn't work it may not be the right tool for you, however without more information it is difficult to provide solutions on how to make it work better

Best,

Clark

Dante Santoso
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 31, 2024

When you mean the built in function, do you mean the built in jira tool within power automate to do it automatically? Because I tried using that and it just does not work at all. 

Could you point me to the right direction for the automation rule?

My understanding is that any email recieved, with anyone in the CC would be converted into watchers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events