CAN WE INTEGRATE JIRA WITH Microsoft TFS ????

Hello All,

I got a requirement to integrate TFS with JIRA..

Can we do that?

If yes what is the process?

what are the PROS and CONS?

What actually the use if we integrate both?

What are all the details i would be needing to integrate both and what details i have to know and ask the people who require this integration.

Thank you and please reply

4 answers

1 votes

First, define "integrate" - you need to have a clear set of functions you'd like to see from the integration.

We can't really tell you a lot more than "yes, you can", without knowing what you want from "integration"

My question is can we connect both JIRA and TFS?

If yes

what is the process?

PROS?,CONS?

Again, you need to explain what you want.

Let me go back to the original questions:

-----

>Can we do that?

Yes

>If yes what is the process?

You "integrate" them.  The details of "integration" depend on what you want from it.

>what are the PROS and CONS?

Depends on what you want from it, and how you do it.

>What actually the use if we integrate both?

Depends on what you want from it.

>What are all the details i would be needing to integrate both and what details i have to know and ask the people who require this integration.

Depends on what you want from it.

-----

I'm afraid it's no good repeating a question when you are being asked for more information.  There is a good reason we ask for more information: we cannot give you an answer without that information.

Thank you Nic.First of all i dont have clear understanding on the requirement.when i got to know clearly ,I will ask again !!!

1 votes

Although the question isn't very articulated, you should definitely check out this add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.jira.plugins.bork.tfs4jira/server/overview

1 votes

Also checkout ConnectAll. You might want to request for a demo to see it in action.

Thank you!

The integration of JIRA with Team Foundation Server (TFS) ensures there is no scope for communication gaps or miscommunication between project management and development teams.

By integrating TFS with JIRA, enterprises can seamlessly manage product development. The developers using JIRA will have clear visibility into the exact feature requirements and real-time access to any changes/enhancements made to the requirements. On the other hand, TFS users will have complete view into development of a requirement is progressing.

You can use an out-of-box integration solution called OpsHub Integration Manager for JIRA-TFS integration. OpsHub Integration Manager integrates TFS and JIRA bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time.

Explore how to integrate JIRA-TFS using OpsHub Integration Manager, benefits for the enterprise as well as each system user, and demo of a use case here. http://www.opshub.com/request-a-demo/

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,096 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot