Business Value field in Jira Software

Alex Traber February 7, 2019

Hi everybody,

I am looking for this topic since hours now and can't find a definite answer to my question. Maybe you can help?

We are using Jira Software as Cloud solution. We started implementing Business Value to each bigger User Story. 

I've seen that I can set the estimation of my agile projects to "Business Value" and also found it in the reports (Burndown etc.).

BUT: where do these values come from? I haven't found any application generated field with "Business Value" only the one custom field I created and it also doesn't seem to take this one.

What do I need to do to get actual values in my Business Value based reports?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hi Alex,

The Burndown chart and other reports in Jira Software can use the pre-defined fields to generate the reports (time estimation, story points) but can also use other, custom fields if the field type is number field

If you want your reports to be based on this custom field, Business Value, make sure that the field type is number field and then populate it for each issue.

Claudiu

Alex Traber February 12, 2019

Hi Claudiu,

thank you very much for your response, that helped a lot!

Alex

Like Marcus Neise likes this

Suggest an answer