Burndown on custom status

I have added a custom status and workflow step to our project in JIRA.

The new step is Ready For Testing, and it sits just before Closed. Currently the Burndown chart burns down the points when an issue is moved to Closed.

How can I force the Burndown chart to burn the points when an issue is placed in the Ready For Testing status.

Thanks,

Rob

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

To burn down an issue, it must be "done".

Problem - I can't remember if "done" in the Burndown chart is based on the resolution of the issue (a resolution set to anything = done) or if it's the "done" column on the scrum board.

Filtering doesn't seem to work.

I believe the burndown is based on issues being in the done column, as the "Resolution" is staying as unresolved and it still burns down.

So my question is how can I replicate/copy the functionality of the "Done" column for the Burndown, or create a custom report that burns down on Done or Ready For Testing.

Ok, figured out that the burndown chart just burns anything that is in the "LAST" column on the board. It doesn't matter what the resolution or status is, if it sits in the last column, it's considered done.

Is it possible to change this somehow?

Bother, it's the done column then. (Filtering was never going to work, that's not what it's for)

Simple answer is that the only way this is going to work is if you include the "ready for testing" status into the "done" column alongside the other status that mean done.

yeah, that's exactly what I have done for now, but it isn't ideal, I don't seem to be able to drag from Ready for Testing to Done now as they are in the same column, I need to open the ticket and click the transition button at the top,

also makes it harder to see which issues are ready for testing and which ones are really done, will have to create a filter maybe

Hi Rob, were you able to resolve this?? we are facing the same thing with our custom workflow which has UAT complete as the last status on the board!..

If I remember correctly we have changed to use the remaining time estimates instead of points burn down, and I have a trigger set up to automatically set the remaining time to 0 when a ticket is moved to the status that I consider "done" (ready for testing in my scenario)

Use filter to force the burndown chart.

Please see the page.

I'm afraid that's not correct. If you filter it down to just the issues that are in "ready for testing", then you'll get a flat line from the Burndown chart.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,140 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot