• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Burndown chart for backlog(filtered) Edited

Hi,

We have a backlog of defects that are spread across different teams for the same project. I have to show the progress of this backlog to my executives. I want to do that with a burndown chart using a filter with data from past two quarters. This cannot be acheived using a sprint burndown as the sprint doesn't consist of the whole backlog. Below snapshot is an example of what I want to achieve. Please advise on how I can get this data. I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Annotation 2020-02-03 123217.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Siri Nama

My first option would be to create a new dashboard for this. You can create one similar to created/resolved based on a JQL filter that gives you the timeline for issues resolved over a period of time. It's not exactly what you are after though, it would be the reverse.

Hi @Fernando Bordallo 

Thank you for your response. I do use create Vs Resolved charts but for a different requirement. That shows the difference in pace of creation and resolution. But doesn't solve my burn-down case here.

I wish there was a different solution. I tried an add-on called JavaScript Chart for Jira Cloud but it didn't show accurate data. It has a strange way of accepting JQL filter. It uses 'was' operator and doesn't accept '=' operator.

The JavaScript charts could indeed help you out here. It should however accept standard JQL 🤔What query are you testing to drive the chart?

My desired filter: project = XYZ AND issuetype = "Bug" AND resolution = Done

This throws the below error.

1.png

I read some FAQs on how to define query for this gadget and changed the query to this: project = XYZ AND issuetype = "Bug" AND resolution was Done

This gave a chart but the data was incorrect. Backlog count in January was 480 the chart shows 1134:

1-2.png

can you try with `AND status = Done` instead of resolution?

throwing the same error.

1-2-3.png

I think the script is looking for 'was' operator since it goes back to past to get the count at that time,

I had chosen None because I wanted the number of existing issues for the filter that I set.

I tried with 'Created'. the data isn't correct:

1-2-3-4.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you