Bulk operation acting weird

purchasing mobileye.com December 3, 2017

Hello,

We noticed a weird behavior of the Bulk Operation option.

Before making the change of several issues with Bulk Operation Progress, it showed us that x issues are going to change, but during the process of change, it showed us that more issues are going to change (x+y).

After the bulk change, we checked how many issues have updated within the last 5 minutes, we have seen that only x issues have updated, not x+y issues.

Do you have any idea why it presented us different number of issues before and after the change?

Thanks,

Bar

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2017

On Bulk operation, If the issues have sub-tasks, these are included in this count, even though they are not updated.

For more details you can refer the Bug already raised in atlassian!

purchasing mobileye.com December 5, 2017

Hi Rambabu,

Thank you very much!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2017

What operation did you do? Was it the subtasks that were getting affected during the bulk edit? For example, a move operation will affect the subtasks as well.

Hi Jobin,

We changed the Workflow of spcific issue type. That's means that the changed was done only for issues that their statuses were different than the new statuses in the new workflow.

As far as I know, if I'm changing the workflow of one issue type that's not effected other issue types such as sub-tasks, right?

Thanks,

Bar

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

It shouldn't, that's right. I am not sure if there are external configurations that potentially changes their subtasks will end up in the count or not but I haven't observed it myself.

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2017

Sounds like an indexing issue.  Do you wanna try a full re-indexing ?

Hi Vishnukumar,

That's what we thought and we will do re-indexing.

But our question is how many issues were really changed? if it wrote bigger number than the original, what is the effect? maybe there are issues that were changed in this bulk change and we don't know?

Thanks,

Bar

Suggest an answer