It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bulk edit in JIRA performs slow Edited

We are on jira sever 7.2.8. When we are bulk editing 300 issues it takes nearly 7-8 mins for the step 2 (i.e) Choose operation.

Step 1 : Choose issues (loads fine)

Step 2: Choose operation (takes time) 7 mins nearly

and it results in 502 error.

In logs it shows : /secure/views/bulkedit/BulkEditDetails.jspa [c.a.j.issue.fields.ImmutableCustomField] No relevant config found for Probability Value for the issue null

Any help on it ?

5 answers

0 votes
Fadoua Community Leader Feb 09, 2018

Hi Krishna,

It looks like there is a problem with a custom field. Are you trying to update a filed before moving the issues? What are you trying to do?

Here are the steps i performed :

Step 1 : Filter the issues

Step 2 : Hit on tools and navigate to bulk edit

Step 3:Choose issues 

Step 4:Choose operation (takes time) 7 mins nearly

Did you try to clear you GC? As sometimes it slows down the instance

Hi Fadoua,

Thanks for looking into it.

Instance performance is pretty good. I just face the slowness ONLY on bulk edit.

Any other suggestions ?

Is JIRA on Windows or Linux Server? The following is what I meant(it is timing out on you), did you try to increase the time?:

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 10.10.17 AM.png

It is on Linux server actually.

Krishna,

Check the following link even if it is little bit old but almost like your issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-26097

You can try bumping up the max JVM setting in the setenv.sh file to see if that resolves the issue. Note that you have to restart the instance for the JVM change to go into effect. 

Thanks for the rescue @Ryan Kearney!

Hello, 

I have the same issue, but, on JIRA Software version 7.5.0. We select the tickets, click on "Edit Issues". After click on "Next", were have to wait around 50 minutes, but the next page never loads.

The log file is flooded with the following line (including the name of many custom fields)

/secure/views/bulkedit/BulkEditDetails.jspa [c.a.j.issue.fields.ImmutableCustomField] No relevant config found for Program Name for the issue null.

We have already created a ticket at the Atlassian Support site, but, they have not been able to help. 

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Best regards

Not really an answer.  And I apologize if this is the Captain Obvious response (not my intent).  But how I see it, is that the biggest issue with this process is that the load time takes forever because it is loading every system and custom field, and all of the available choice options for those fields into memory.  This BulkEditDetails.jspa page is horribly optimized and it should only be loading the fields that are visible to those issues.  This is still the case in Jira Server 7.13.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you