Bulk change status of listed issues

Deleted user June 29, 2017

Hello!

I want to bulk change the status of many issues in a list. I select the issues for bulk changes, I get to Step 3 of 4: Operation Details, but I don't see the option of massively changing the status of the issues.

Can you help?

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

That doesn't sound right.  I suspect you may have chosen "edit" instead of "transition issues".  Status is not a field, so you can't edit it, you have to move the issues through the workflow.

Deleted user June 29, 2017

Yes! Thank you, that was the problem. :-)

Like # people like this
John Good December 21, 2021

Same here. Thanks. 

Preetinder Pugatch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Thank you, appreciate it - this was not as intuitive so your comment helped!

8 votes
Trinh TrinhThiBang June 29, 2017

Hi. As my opinion,You should select the correct option as below screenshot and you will see status in step 3

IMG_4365.PNG

Pranita Warik February 1, 2021

@Trinh TrinhThiBang 

The transition issues permissions are not enabled as in the below screen. What changes should I do in the Workflow so that this option is enabled.

Edit IssuesEdit field values of issues
 Move IssuesMove issues to new projects and issue types
N/ATransition IssuesNOTE: You do not have permission to perform a bulk transition on the selected 1 issues.
Trinh TrinhThiBang February 1, 2021

Do you have admin permission ? OR you can ask admin to add to your role by do below steps:

1. Go to Project Settings

2. Navigate to Users and Roles section>> Permission

3. In the right hand page, move to Issue permissions

4. You will see "Transition Issues" here => just add role you're to this permission

11.png

@Trinh TrinhThiBang 

I checked the Permissions. I am a part of Project role Administrator. This role is mapped to the Transition Issue as mentioned by you in the screenshot.

Peter Mertens October 6, 2022

Hi,

I had the same problem as you. 

In my case the current status had no transitions defined in the Workflow to any other statuses. So I added the transition that I wanted to execute and after that the option was available and I succeeded.

Good luck

1 vote
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2018

1.JPGDid this today as I had made some changes to my workflow and it went so smooth and perfect. Bravo Atlassian.

Issa Shaikh August 27, 2019

awesome Thanks!

Like 黃冠霖 likes this

@Vickey Palzor Lepcha 

Kindly mention the changes you did in the workflow to make the transition issue work.

0 votes
Laura Colon September 21, 2022

Thanks this was helpful, I choose edit instead of transition at first. 

0 votes
Billy Brandown NGOUMENE KENNE September 16, 2022

Hello !
Can't we bulk change the status of issues whose don't have previous statuses transitionig to the next ones?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events