Bulk Change - Sprint Id must be a number

Brian Cumberledge September 6, 2018

Perform a bulk change to stories and attempt to modify Sprint.    It is a text field and validation states Sprint Id must be a number.

1.   Please make it a dropdown.

2.   Allow pasting of Sprint name if Option 1 is not possible.

I have reviewed past comments on this topic and it seems to have been an issue for many years.    Also, no easy way to find a Sprint ID.   

7 answers

15 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Hey Brian,

There are a couple of feature requests which cover this:

You’re right, it’s not super easy to find the Sprint ID - we have a KB article here describing a couple ways to find it:

JIRA Software: How to search for a Sprint using JQL

I know it might be disappointing to hear that these haven’t been implemented yet but please take a moment to vote to show your support. You can add your own suggestions and use cases in the comments too.

All of our Feature Requests are located in https://jira.atlassian.com If you’re interesting in finding out how we choose which features to implement check out our New Features Policy

Cheers, 

Keri

Jim Ryan May 11, 2021

The KB article referenced above no longer works. "Active Sprint" is no longer a link, so there's no way to check it's ID using this method.

I can see no way at all to find the Sprint ID in JIRA. I need to transition multiple issues to a sprint using bulk edit, but bulk edit requires a Sprint ID, not the Sprint Name. If there's no way to find the Sprint ID, how can I use bulk edit to change the sprint? Why bother having a feature that requires information that's not available on the site?

Like # people like this
Michael Gill October 6, 2021

It doesn't work in Safari for me but it does in Chrome, if that's any help.

Rohan Mehta November 12, 2021

Hi Keri,

"Asking Sprint ID while doing the Bulk edit"- I'm too facing the same problem.

Updating it manually is very time consuming and hectic process.

Kindly provide me solution 

I think this feature should be implemented on top priority.

Regards

Like # people like this
11 votes
Liam Maeder November 3, 2019

Hi Brian

The easiest way that I have been able to find the sprint ID, is to use the Issue Navigator and under the Advanced search, search: Sprint = "~Sprint Name~" and then when I press Enter, it gives the Sprint ID.

However, this is an unnecessary amount of effort that could easily be cut out with your above-mentioned dropdown.

Hopefully, all the votes show that it is a much desired and needed change.

I hope this helps in some way.

Regards

Lilja Länsisalo November 13, 2019

Thanks for this advice!

I voted :)

Like Liam Maeder likes this
Jaclyn Garforth January 14, 2021

Thanks for the help, this works

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

@Liam Maederif I use Sprint = "Sprint ID" it returns this in the URL "ENG%20Sprint%201" the id is the 201 correct?

petre mierlutiu July 12, 2021

A variation is to use the Basic search, add the Sprint field and select the desired sprint from the drop-down, then switch to JQL. You'll have somethingl like `Sprint = 139` in the JQL search expression.

Like # people like this
Mukesh Koshy Melekuttu (TMNA) February 27, 2023

2 votes
petre mierlutiu July 12, 2021

Another hackish way to find the sprint ID is to use you browser's developer tools. For example in Firefox, go to the Backlog or Sprint view, right-click on the sprint title and select "Inspect element". Then in the DOM-tree go a few DIVs up until you find one with the `data-sprint-id` attribute, its value being the sprint id.

Steve Ferson January 24, 2023

This is basically what I had to do - wonderful design!! 

1 vote
Stephen Tobin August 17, 2022

Another way to find the Sprint ID is simply to go to the Sprint Report available under Reports. Choose your desired Sprint and snag the ID from your browsers address bar (the ID will automatically refresh each time you select a new sprint from the drop down list), e.g.:

Jira sprint report.png

Steve Ferson January 24, 2023

Unfortunately this seems to only work if the sprint is already started/finished.  I can't seem to find a report for future sprints, which is where I want to assign my tickets.

Stephen Tobin March 6, 2023

True enough, @Steve Ferson you can only see past or the active sprint this way. 
Even easier way (at least in Cloud) is to hit Issues and query by sprint... you'll get a complete list of all the IDs as needed. Screenshot 2023-03-06 092524.png

0 votes
Tauqeer Ahmad May 26, 2021

Still not added a dropdown :(

0 votes
Nicolas Picard December 1, 2020

I too was looking for this feature

0 votes
Ben Thomas February 3, 2020

This still seems to be unimplemented. Please do so. :)

Suggest an answer