Bulk Amend in Jira Service Desk

Ali Rees April 21, 2019

I am just simply trying to do some bulk amends (i think a pretty key and critical function - particularly for a new user that will have migrated data across and needs to do some enmass edits).  We basically have a load of items marked "unresolved" that are not.

I have the global bulk permissions and managed to create my filter (basically all tickets of status closed or complete and resolution = unresolved).  Great. 

I can change the workflow status but don't have the option to edit these tickets because apparently 1 or more ticket has an issue. 

I imagine more permission related issues somewhere but its so difficult to navigate and get your head around and I have spent over 2 hours just getting this far.

If anyone can give specific details it would be appreciated.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2019

@Ali Rees , to be able to edit closed issues your workflow needs to allow for this. It sounds like you have a number of issues that have been moved to Done without setting the Resolution and you wish to correct this. Assuming this is true then here is my suggestion:

1. change your workflow to have a transition out of Done and back into itself, call it say “re-Done”.
  2. add a post function to set the Resolution to Done or whatever value
  3. use bulk edit for these issues to execute the “re-Done” transition.

with that out of the way, now edit the workflow for the future:

1. remove the “re-Done” transition
  2. either add in a post function on all transitions to Done to set the Resolution to Done or similar or, add a screen to the transitions that include the Resolution field along with a Validation requiring the field be updated.

I hope I have understood your issue and helped. If not please let me know. 

Ali Rees April 22, 2019

OK i think I am slowly getting there.  I couldnt edit a draft of the current workflow so had to copy the active one and amend that, which I have now done.  And I can see as well how to add the various automation actions too. 

I'll post updates shortly. 

Suggest an answer