Building a workflow

I'm trying to build a workflow for a product launch and am having trouble. It seems to display buttons at the top of the ticket, rather than showing them as options. How should I set up this workflow? 

It has top level tasks and sub-tasks. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 vote

By "buttons at the top of the ticket", do you mean the workflow transitions that change the status?

What do you mean by "options" here?

It shows buttoms for some of the status' and then it has a dropdown. Is there an easier way to build a workflow and a subset of tasks and measure them?

Ok, that's correct behaviour - it's giving you buttons that start transitions in your workflow.  When there are more than two available in a status, it tries to conserve screen space by moving them into a workflow drop-down. (You can change this number if you want)

The workflow editor is the only way to "build a workflow", unless you use Software's "simplified workflow".

I'm not sure I understand "a subset of tasks and measure them"

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

171 views 4 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you