Bugzilla import - how to import version field as "fix version" instead of "affects version"

I am importing from Bugzilla 4.2.5 using MySQL database to a local instance of JIRA 6.1.3 using the Bugzilla importer. The importer actually works quite well, but I'm having trouble getting version imported correctly.

In Bugzilla, we never had a concept of Affects vs. Fix version. The version we used was essentially the "Fix version". However, it gets imported into JIRA as "Affects version" and leaves "Fix version" blank for all our issues. I can edit the fix version on issues that are still open, but I can't change it on all the Closed issues.

What's the best way to resolve this? Is there a way to import the version in Bugzilla as "Fix version" in JIRA (or both Affects and Fix version)? OR is there an easy way to copy the Affects Version information into Fix version from JIRA? Another easier way?

Thanks,
Jerrold.

1 answer

The fact that you can't edit closed issues most probably is being caused by a property on the workflow step "closed". Probably you'll find jira.issue.editable =false

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+properties

Either you delete that property or, as I do it a lot, change it into jira.permission.edit.group = jira-administrators. That way you, as an admin, will always be able to perform bulk updates on closed issues.

I don't know how many versions you are talking about but you should be fine. Other than that, I think we created a copy of our bugzilla database (before migrating it to JIRA) and did some tricks on the tables directly... Hope that helps a little

Cheers

Christian

That works. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,864 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot