Bugzilla Import error

Neeraj Tiwari February 17, 2013

I am testing the Bugzilla data import in our test JIRA. In the very first screen where we enter all information such as database info, Bugzilla URL, I get the following error:

Error connecting to the database: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

Now, I have checked that I am able to ping and telnet to the database server. Can anyone please help what is the issue?

1 answer

1 vote
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2013

Hi there,

You may want to check the compatibility, please refer to the documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla

I once saw that this error is caused by unsupported version of database, hope this helps :)

Neeraj Tiwari February 20, 2013

Thanks for your reply. Our MySQL's server version is 4.1.20-log.

JIRA supports MySQL's 5.x versions only (except 5.0)

So does that mean I have to upgrade MySQL inorder to import the data in JIRA?

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2013

Yes, I believe you need to upgrade at Bugzilla's database before you migrate to Jira, hope this answers :)

Thanks for the confirmation. I have created a test MySQL and imported the bugzilla data there. I am testing the import from my test JIRA from this database (this one is the latest MySQL 5.6)

So here is an issue...As I go through all the steps of JIRA Import plugin...you know where it asks for the projects to be mapped, the fields to be mapped, then the values of fields to be mapped...My problem is since this is a lengthy process of entering all the data, it keeps logging me out and I lose my progress...there is no save progress button...I was wondering if I can increase the timeout or log out time for the Administrators in JIRA? Hope you get my issue...I will not be able to map everything from Bugzilla because it keeps logging me out and doesn't save my progress...Hence I have to do everything from the scratch...Let me know if you have a solution for this issue.

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2013

Sorry to hear that you have encountered this, perhaps increasing or disabling the admin secure session for the mean time might help you on this?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions

Hope this helps, do let me know if you have any further issues encountered, or you can also create new question for this :)

Suggest an answer