Bug is not an option under issues.

Tom Shatzel September 12, 2019

How do I get bug to show up under issues so I can enter defects for my project?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

Sorry, this is likely to be a much longer answer than you'd like.

If it's a "classic" project, you'll need a Jira admin to add "bug" to the project's "issue type scheme"

If it's a "next-gen" project, then the project admins (or Jira admins) will have to enable bugs for the project

However, bug might already be there.  It might be defined as a "sub task" type.  In which case, you can't add them directly with "create issue", you have to go into an issue that you want to raise them under, and use "create sub-task" in that!

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2019

It could also be called Defect. I was on a contract where they used that instead of bug

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 12, 2019

I do prefer "defect" myself - non-developers clearly understand "bug" is "something wrong in the software" and I like to use "bug" for "someone reported a bug", keeping "defect" for a subtask telling me "it failed a test or is not behaving the way the developers said it was going to"

Suggest an answer