Bug Report: When I use j to go to the next issue then .att [enter], all attachments are on 1st issue

Lauren Kuhlman December 31, 2017

I made a video of the bug. I'm using the keyboard command j to go to the next record then clicking . and typing att then [enter] to open the open file dialog. All the files are ending up on the first ticket despite all the dialogs saying otherwise. Just watch the video. It explains better than I can.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a3-uz-42zGl659IQdBSm0VD6ibloV_r7

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Lauren,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I watched this video repeatedly to see if I could better understand the behavior here. 

I did find a similar bug report from a year ago in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-15843

However, I think that might have be revisited, because I don't think move on to the next issue before the upload is finished, at least not for the first several uploads.

I also tried to recreate this problem over in my own Cloud instance, but I actually wasn't able to repeat the problem you had, either via the keyboard shortcuts or via mouse/keyboard interface on a board like this.   In my case, I was able to upload some random attachments to different issues in a sequence and have them appear on the expected issues.   I am also using the latest version Chrome on my Mac, but I still was not able to repeat the results you clearly saw in your video.

If this is really a bug in the code, then we need to be able to document a clear set of steps to follow to recreate this problem.   I am curious to see if we can learn more about your Cloud instance, what plugins might be running there (if you are an admin, you can navigate to your JIRA URL /plugins/servlet/upm in order to see all the user plugins installed in your instance), and whether or not this same problem can happen in other browsers such as Firefox or Safari.

I also noticed your instance appears to be running the new Jira experience.   I am curious to learn if you have the option within your using profile to disable this new experience temporarily to see if perhaps this is making any difference in regards to this problem.

Lauren Kuhlman January 9, 2018

Any idea how I would go about disabling the new Jira experience? Its hosted by atlassian themselves. Here's a screenshot of my plugins.Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.00.15 PM.png

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi Lauren,

It is possible that your Cloud instance might not have an option to allow you to turn this off right now.

If you can turn this off yourself, then it would be in the bottom left menu as shown:

disable1.png

If you do not see this option, then your Cloud instance has likely been opted into a test program where end users cannot revert this themselves.

If that is the case, I would recommend having your Jira Cloud admin (or your accounts technical/billing contact for your Cloud instance) raise a support ticket with our cloud team on https://getsupport.atlassian.com  Our Cloud team should still be able to revert your site to the previous layouts, however if this is the case, this change would be for all users of your Cloud instance, and not just your individual account.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer