Browser freezes when calling a page with user timesheet set

Béatrice May Dorange June 17, 2020

Hello,

Chrome, Firefox and IE crash when trying to open a dashboard with the User timesheet gadget. All other dashboards seem to be working properly. Several users have reported to me that they have the same problem. In advance a big thank you to all those who will take the time to answer me.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

Which timesheet app are you using?

Hi, the tempo user timesheet included in a dashboard as a gadget. The tempo timesheet opened directly in a browser page (not as a gadget) works normally. 

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

I have added tags for Tempo. This may notify someone from Tempo team.

Like Béatrice May Dorange likes this

thank U

1 vote
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2020

There is a bug fix released regarding Tempo gadgets, if you are using Server versions. Please find more details in Tempo Help Center > Tempo Server News.

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SERVERNEWS/pages/268992795/Tempo+Timesheets+for+Server+Releases

If this does not fix your issue, please open a support ticket for further investigation.

https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6

0 votes
NAYANA May 7, 2021

hello, We are also experiencing similar issue with Jira crashing every time I try to open and edit a drop-down field in a gadget configuration.

I would say it is a large instance with about 6000 users, hundreds of projects, half a mil issues and growing.

Can this be due to optimization or an issue with the gadget.

We have seen this happen particularly after the upgrade from 7.11 to 8.13.

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2020

How large is your instance? I'm also having a very hard time using any of those gadgets because my browser is coughing blood constantly, just, takes eternity to load the gadget configuration or do anything with them. I am not observing the same on smaller instances with identical setup. I'm thinking it's more of a lack of optimization, because the configuration is trying to load a lot of stuff from the instance, i.e. lists of projects, groups, etc. and that is not optimized well enough in my opinion. Was actually thinking of shooting a support request to the vendor after digging for some more info with web tools to see which resources it takes the longest to load.

Suggest an answer