Bobswift (Run CLI in JIRA): Link a JIRA issue to a confluence page (after page creation)

Venkat Nagarajan March 22, 2017

Bobswift (Run CLI in JIRA): Link a JIRA issue to a confluence page (after page creation)

I am creating a new page in Confluence (from JIRA using Run CLI in JIRA addon). How do I provide a link in JIRA to connect to the confluence page? (I am looking to do a 1-way link from JIRA to Confluence)

--action copyPage --id 12345678 --newTitle "Page for %original_key%" --parent "98765432" --server http://confluence-test:8090/ --user jira_confluence --password abcdef123456 

Do I use "–findReplace" at the end? (I have not been able to use this successfully). Pls help.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift _Appfire_ March 24, 2017

An example would be:

--findReplace ##ISSUE_KEY##:%original_key%

Regarding linking from JIRA to Confluence, suggest adding another action to your script after the copyPage that does an addRemoteLink action.

Venkat/ Prabesh (Natera IT) March 24, 2017

will try this out.. thank you..

Venkat/ Prabesh (Natera IT) April 12, 2017

@bobswift..

I tried this but could not get it to work. I tried to break confluence page creation and issue linking into 2 different actions. the page creation works but not the "addRemoteLink". Please review and let me know wha tI am missing.

addremotelinking-2.png

0 votes
Venkat Nagarajan March 22, 2017

@Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons].. this one is for you...

Suggest an answer