Board left panel crippled if board contains issues from multipe projects, access from Boards menu

Anders Wilson May 25, 2021

My setup is (Jira v8.13.6):

I have a (Scrum) board taking issues from two different projects, in which I'm both admin.

If I go to the board via Projects, the left panels show OK (left picture below). However, if I go to the board using the Boards dropdown menu, the left panel gets crippled (right picture below). Any idea what to do to get a proper left panel when having issues from two different projects?

Untitled.png

3 answers

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

This is correct and expected functionality.  When you look at the board from the Projects view, you see project specific items on the left hand panel, such as Components, Releases etc.  You could view the board from either of the two projects, and it will show you each separate project view but the same board.  When you view the board directly, you cannot see the project specific items, as you are not in a project....

0 votes
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi @Anders Wilson 

I've never experienced this specific problem but since you mention that other users see the boards ok, then I would suspect your machine (probably the browser cache) to be the culprit. Try flushing your browser cache and/or using an entirely "new" browser.

HTH,
KGM

Thx, good point. I tried in different browsers, different machines, different profiles and also using incognito mode, so I would think its not in the browser in this case...

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Oh, so it sounds like it might be your user then, since other users can see the board fine yet you cannot on different computer. Not sure how you would "reset" that. Maybe in your user profile, there is "Remember My Login:" Click on the "Clear All Tokens"?

HTH,
KGM

Anders Wilson May 26, 2021

I looked for clearing tokens but have no such option. Looking at the URL in the board, its actually missing/not containing the project key, so "project related" items disappear in the left panel. I guess it's by design, but to me not ideal. So problem probably solved, it's by design not fitting my expected behavior:

Works as I expect:

https://myjira.com/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=137&projectKey=MYKEY 

Board shortcut leads to, and does not give my expected result:

https://myjira.com/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=137

Big thanks for helping.

0 votes

Update: If I go to the board using a URL that presents the left panel OK, then to Boards > Configure, and then Back to board, the left panel is broken. 

Update: I get the same problem for other users' boards, whereas they see it ok. Some cache issue?

Suggest an answer