Board columns size has changed suddenly.

Jan Očko September 7, 2021

Hello community,

Our team is experiencing a sudden change in the view of our boards, the size and width of columns and card has changed overnight and we are not sure why or how we can get this back to the same view as before.

This is the board view before the change, the cards and columns are narrow and therefore we were able to see the whole board on one screeen.

image (9).jpg

This is the new look of the board, the cards have wider size and therefore we have to scroll sideways to check the whole board.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Is it possible that this has been done due to update of Jira? I did not find any mention of this in the latest release notes.

Thanks very much for your help!
Jan

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Očko September 9, 2021

Atlassian support team just disabled the feature on our projects and have the old look back👌

If you wish to disable the feature also, they have advise following:

The best way to get this feature disabled is to open a support case raised with us requesting to 
disable the feature flag for the horizontal scrolling of boards.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jane Johnson September 8, 2021

It would have been useful to know this was happening, instead of having to waste time trying to figure it out for the last few hours. Looking forward to having the option to choose which view we use, thanks ;) 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

Hi!

I think this is a global change by Atlassian and has nothing to do with your instance. If you go to the settings of the board, in the columns, you'll see that it has changed there as well.

Jan Očko September 8, 2021

Hi Alex,

I was assuming that this has to be some global change by Atlassian. 

Thanks for the confirm.

Simon Bundgaard September 8, 2021

We experienced the exact same thing and it's causing us issues. Is there a ticket raised for being able to toggle this view, a work-around or similar?

Like Jane Johnson likes this

Hi Simon, 

I think something familiar has been raised under https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17698

Simon Bundgaard September 8, 2021

Thanks Jan - Yes that Suggestion is definitely relevant but it was raised back in March.

I am hoping for something raised for this specific Issue: "Board columns size has changed suddenly".

I would expect this change negatively impacts anyone who has boards setup with more than 6-8 columns and that it could therefore be considered a Bug.

Like # people like this

I've raised the issue as a bug, thanks for the suggestion Simon.

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-690806

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2021

Most likely, if this a new feature, we will see it here https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2021

Like Jan Očko likes this

I've got an answer from the Atlassian support.

Kindly note that this is a new feature based on suggestions from multiple customers and has been rolled out from the 6th of September, 2021. Here is the link to track the suggestion - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21013

Let me know if you would like to have this feature disabled and still wanted to have the older UI so that I can have this checked with my Product team.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

I believe that a on/off switch would be great!

Like # people like this
David Greenfield September 8, 2021

Agreed.  This is not a good change

Like # people like this
Caitlin Rogers Underwood September 8, 2021

Agree with the on/off switch suggestion.

Like Ilka Stefanova likes this
Ilka Stefanova September 9, 2021

Agree with the on/off switch suggestion.

Tasha Mele September 13, 2021

Please do add an opt-in switch and return us to default appearance (sizing columns to fit the width of the window). I was seriously sitting here contemplating buying an extra-wide monitor in order to show my entire set of columns during standup without having to horizontally scroll. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events