Board View Missing From Business Project

Greg Capoziello November 28, 2017

We recently migrated from a JIRA Cloud instance to a hosted JIRA Server instance (v 7.5.2). Everything seems to have migrated correctly but we are missing a link for "Board" and I have no idea why:

JIRA_Sidebar_Board.PNG

On the left is what the project sidebar looked like for one of our business project types in the cloud version, and the right is the server version post migration. Anyone have any insight on where the board link is? The person who originally created the project is not around, so I'm not sure if there was something done during the setup that I missing.

Thanks,

Greg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2017

Hi Greg,

The specific feature you are referring here to is known as Jira Core Boards.  These boards can exist in Jira Cloud specifically in Business projects that do not necessarily require Jira Software features of a Kanban or Scrum board.

Unfortunately, at this time, this specific feature (Core boards) only exists in Jira Cloud.  It does not yet exist in the Jira Server product.  There is an existing feature request to add this to Jira Core Server in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-45690

However from reading the comment from Gosia in the description, it does not appear that this particular feature is going to make it's way into Jira Server any time soon.

That said, if you happen to have a Jira Software Server license, you can still create a kanban or scrum board for this project.  It's just that Business projects are not expected to necessarily use these kinds of boards, whereas the Software style projects will always have these.

Cheers,
Andy

Greg Capoziello November 29, 2017

Thanks for the response. The scrum boards were the back-up option but I was just seeing if there was something else that I was missing. 

Suggest an answer