Board Settings Doesn't Load

Matthew Fraser November 2, 2017

I have a Scrum Board that I wish to configure the board settings for. When I go into board settings, the spinning wheel appears and it never loads. 

This is only happening on a single project / board, on other boards I am able to configure the settings.

I am unsure what could have changed, has anyone else had this happen? I am not sure what the next step is (contacting support?).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2017

Hi Matthew,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I am interested to see if we can learn more about this.  It sounds like you might be encountering a known problem that is documented in this bug report:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13881

If that is the case, then there might be a problem with your workflow in Jira.   I would recommend checking out the KB Internal Server Error when accessing Rapid board.   That KB first recommends to run through the database integrity checker to try to identify and correct any workflow problems.   But it is possible that this kind of problem might not be something the integrity checker can resolve, in which case the next steps of that KB would be helpful to identify if this is a workflow problem or not.

Regards,
Andy

Matthew Fraser November 6, 2017

Thanks for your response Andrew.

I couldn't find the database integrity checker in the menu (has it moved?). So I just went ahead and replaced the workflow (that was suggested in the bug report you linked). This allowed me to once again enter / change the board settings.

The weird thing is that the workflow hasn't been manually changed for weeks. What has happened is a new status was added through the boards settings (which would have automatically changed the workflow). Perhaps there is a bug there.

I am back and running so I am marking the solution as accepted.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Matthew,

Glad to help out.  If you can't find the database integrity checker, it might be because you're using Jira Cloud.  That feature doesn't exist there, but does in Jira Server.  Sorry, I didn't realize which platform you were using.

But I am glad to hear that you found a solution.  It does seems like this problem was with the specific workflow that was being used.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer