Block users from seeing userlist

Jay S April 13, 2017

I bought service desk for external clients, and I want users to not be able to see every user/ticket/issue. I don't want individual users to be aware of anything but themselves. I've spent the past couple hours reading and restricting but there has to be an easier way to do this.

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2017

Are you having the users see full JIRA rather than just the customer portal? On the customer portal they should only see their own issues, and you can restrict sharing to "other customers in their organization" (even without setting up organizations).

If they're in full JIRA (agent side) then it's a different story. Where are the external users seeing things they shouldn't see?

Jay S April 13, 2017

I think I figured it out. When I went to applications, for whatever reason I had JIRA core, and service desk was not installed. I made a mess of the initial installation so I'm dropping and starting over.

Suggest an answer