Bitbucket cloud integration from Jira - Not showing branch?

Akiva Marks January 22, 2020

Jira cloud, Bitbucket cloud.  I have an older project with a Jira project and a Bitbucket project.  The integration works wonderfully, I can create branches inside the Jira interface and then see the branch in Jira later.

But I created a new Jira project and Bitbucket project.  So that we can see commits, deployments related to the task on a task itself. It works perfectly for our old project, but no success on the new project. Jira settings look exactly the same for both new and old, but only old project tasks can see BB commits.

Attached screenshot is what I expect to see and what I do see in old project.  Second screenshot is what I see in new project - missing info.

What am I missing in the configuration that would stop this from working?

Thanks!Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.05.47.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.08.26.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Akiva Marks 

Jira Cloud -> Bitbucket Cloud connection should apply to all Jira projects.

1. Can you confirm if this problem is occurring for all issues in "W20" project?

2. Are you creating new branches in the same repository for both Jira projects? or are they different repositories?

3. Are you mentioning the issue key "W20-60" in upper case in the branch name?

Yosef.Feldman January 22, 2020

1. Yes

2. They are two different repositories under one Bitbucket project. On JIRA they are 2 different projects.

3. Yes

Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Reg 2 - Can you go to Jira settings -> Products -> DVCS Accounts -> See if the repository (related to W20 project) is listed there. If it is not listed, click '...' menu and click 'Refresh repositories'

Like Akiva Marks likes this
Akiva Marks January 22, 2020

It was not listed there, I have added it.  And the old project was listed there.  We'll test it out now - but I assume that will fix it.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer